Thursday, April 27, 2017

Choosing a Newborn Photographer

How do you choose a newborn photographer?  What do you look for?  The internet is literally FLOODED with photographers.  How do you know which one to hire?

When I had my last daughter, I decided (for the first time ever!) to hire a photographer.  I had never had pictures of myself with any of my babies taken and I thought it was time.    I've always just taken my own pictures of our family with a tripod.  That has worked well enough but obviously there are limitations.  As a photographer myself, you can imagine I am probably pretty picky about pictures!

Here is the key: look for pictures you like.
It's as simple as that.

Use different hashtags on instagram to search for newborn pictures.  When you find one that takes your breath away take a look at their other work.  Maybe that was just one "lucky shot" maybe all their work is breathtaking!!  The thing here is that you are paying someone to capture memories for you that you have a tiny little window to grasp before it's gone.  If you don't love those pictures then you just wasted money and missed out on those sweet memories that you can't get back.  So when you hire a photographer you need to love their work!!

Pinterest is also a great resource for finding a photographer!  I'm sure there are many of us that pin cute baby pictures because....well....CUTE BABY!!!!!  Are any of those photographers in your area?

Another key ingredient is reviews.  Facebook can give you some insight into others' experiences with photographers.  Maybe they have some beautiful pictures but they use unsafe practices in their posing techniques.  Or maybe they have not had enough experience handling babies.  Maybe their personality is gruff.  Reviews are my best friend on the internet!!  They can tell you so much about the thing you are investing in!  Check out my reviews on Facebook!

And as always to see my pricing and my portfolio head over to 
or 


natural light photography | newborn photography
Omaha Newborn Photography | Natural Light Photographer | Omaha, Nebraska

natural light photography | newborn photography
Omaha Newborn Photography | Natural Light Photographer | Omaha, Nebraska

natural light photography | newborn photography
Omaha Newborn Photography | Natural Light Photographer | Omaha, Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment